Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hmmm...
Been awhile - seems I didn't quite get the blogger bug right off did I?!
What's happened since my last post? Lots and lots...
Had a baby girl last August - that brings my count to two - kids that is - both girls...
My big kid Olivia will be six later this month and the little kid (who is starting to fuss and has now gone upstairs for her nap!) hit eight months on Monday.

What I'm reading:
Bloodletting and other miraculous cures by Vincent Lam (Giller prize winner)
various magazines including: Canadian Living, Canadian Scrapbooker and Creating Keepsakes
bedtime stories including: Puppies on Board by Sarah N. Harvey and illustrated by Rose Cowles

What I'm scrapping:
Mini album in a tin of a great day skating on the canal during winterlude :

This is just two of the mini pages, it folds out like an accordion, didn't feel a need to show all the pages! I had bought the tin from a discount type bin some time ago and decided that since I had eight pictures of this day on the canal skating that I would use this format instead of a 12x12 (even a two page lo would have been crowded) I then went through my stash and gathered everything I could put my hands on that was blue, white or glittered a bit and then just got to work - very quick and easy project really - and I absolutely love using scraps - of paper and ribbon and the last leftover bits of embellishments like the last solitary blue button!




And here are some other recent pages:



Baby Charlotte at about a month old - lots of embellishments with buttons sewn on with embroidery thread, prima flowers, rub ons, and stitching on the page as well. I inked the edges of each square before adhering as well. Many of the items on this page came from a Scraphoria kit - I am currently subscribing and getting a kit a month from this company (scraphoria.ca) and really loving their kits!








Page of Olivia from several years ago but I just did the page recently. The duck in the corner is made with tacky tape and microbeads - it doesn't glow like this IRL but I guess the camera flash did it. The narrow yellow strips were a last minute addition - they are actually the bottoms of a couple of other pages of two-sided patterned paper - waste not want not! Everything on this page (with the exception of the title rubons and ink on all the edges) were from a Scraptivity kit.




Well, I'll save other lo's for another day.
until then - I am - jennybookworm...

No comments:

Post a Comment